This course is for participants who would like to become American Heart Association BLS Instructors. This course has 2 parts; Part 1 is online and Part 2 is a 6-hour classroom course. You must complete Part 1 online prior to the classroom session.
Before taking this course you are required to:
- Align with an AHA Training Center that is accepting new Instructors.
- Have a completed Instructor Application on file with their accepting Training Center.
- Must have a current provider course completion card in the discipline they wish to teach.
Course charge includes the online course link to BLS Instructor Essential Online and the classroom session, as well as post-course mentoring, monitoring and support. Course participants must purchase, do pre-course assignents, and bring the following to the Part 2 classroom course:.
- BLS Instructor Manual. Choose either Paper copy or the eBook edition. Paper manual - Item # 20-1103 - $42.50. eBook manual - Item # 20-3103 - $40.00 https://www.worldpoint.com/curriculum/2020-aha/. Instructor candidates must review this manual prior to the classroom portion of the course.
- BLS DVD Set or Digital Video. DVD Set - Item # 20-1105 - $92.50 or BLS Digital Video - Item # 20-1414 - $85.00 https://www.worldpoint.com/curriculum/2020-aha/. Instructor candidates must watch the DVD or digital video along with the Instructor Manual Lesson Maps prior to the classroom portion of the course.
Additional information will be emailed to course participants in advance of the classroom session.
The class will have physical distancing and PPE is required. For some practice elements participants may be closer than 6' to each other. Questions or concerns please email email@example.com.