In general I am at the classroom at 861 Lafayette Road #7, Hampton, NH 03842 when I have a scheduled class. I am occasionally there at other times but do not have specific office hours.
Please do not mail course payments or other materials to the classroom. Course payments can be mailed to: Gail Klanchesser – Coastal CPR & First Aid, LLC, 18 Coleman Drive, Newington, NH 03801.
I also offer courses on location for businesses, schools and organizations. Just visit my scheduling courses at your location page for information and pricing. You can always call or email me with any questions.
Directions to 861 Lafayette Road Unit 7 in Hampton, NH
From Portsmouth or Maine: Take Rte 1 South. After Seacoast Harley Davidson go over the railroad bridge and 861 Lafayette Road will be on your left just after Hampton Vision Center. We’re in the same building as Gentle Dentistry, just look for their sign.
From Dover, Rochester or points North: Take Rte 16/Spaulding Turnpike South to Rte 95 South. Take exit 2. After the toll booth continue on Rte 101 East/Hampton. Take exit 13 for Rte 27. Turn right on Rte 27/Exeter Road. At traffic light turn left on Rte 1. 861 Lafayette Road will be on your right immediately after Ron Jillian’s restaurant. We’re in the same building as Gentle Dentistry, just look for their sign.
From Manchester, Exeter or points West: Take Rte 101 East. Take exit 13 for Rte 27. Turn right on Rte 27/Exeter Road. At traffic light turn left on Rte 1. 861 Lafayette Road will be on your right immediately after Ron Jillian’s restaurant. We’re in the same building as Gentle Dentistry, just look for their sign.
From Massachusetts or points South: Take Rte 95 North. Take exit 2. After the toll booth continue on Rte 101 East/Hampton. Take exit 13 for Rte 27. Turn right on Rte 27/Exeter Road. At traffic light turn left on Rte 1. 861 Lafayette Road will be on your right immediately after Ron Jillian’s restaurant. We’re in the same building as Gentle Dentistry, just look for their sign.
Is there anything I need to bring to the class?
Nope! Unless specified otherwise, books and course materials are provided for you at the class. If you want to bring something to write with or to take additional notes on you may. For BLS courses it is encouraged that you bring something to take notes.
When do I receive my certification card?
An AHA eCard or ASHI digital card will be sent via email within a few days of successful course completion.
Can I bring something to eat or drink to the class?
You can bring a drink or snack. I just ask that you not bring anything sticky or greasy as that can damage my CPR & First Aid equipment. In classes of 3 hours a brief 5-10 minute break is provided. For classes of 4 hours or longer we will have a 30-60 minute meal break.
Where can I get something to eat during the class break?
I’m in the process of moving to 861 Lafayette Road #7 in Hampton. I haven’t had a chance to check out all the restaurants nearby, but there are several food options.
What do I wear to a CPR or First Aid class?
Please wear comfortable clothing. If you have long hair you might want to bring a ponytail holder or a headband. For First Aid we will be sitting or moving around. For CPR AED we will be sitting, kneeling and bending over on the floor. CPR AED is a hands-on course; participants should expect to compress on the mannequins to learn the hands-on skills.
I lost my card, how do I get another one?
To request a replacement card please email me. I’ll need to know your name, the type of class you took or type of card you lost, where you took the class and the approximate date. I have to pull the original roster in order to issue a replacement card so as much info as you can provide is helpful. There is a $8.00 charge for replacement cards.
Do you cancel classes due to low enrollment or bad weather or…. why would you cancel a class?
First off, I don’t cancel classes. However I might reschedule a class due to weather, illness or some other strange calamity.
I wrote a whole blog post about this which you can read here.
When I make a decision on whether to reschedule a class or not I look at what the road conditions are before the class, and what they are anticipated to be like when the class is over. I don’t want anyone having problems driving home.
In general my policy is:
Rescheduling due to weather:
- If school in Newington, Portsmouth or Hampton is cancelled the class will not be held as scheduled. I will contact all participants with options to reschedule or refund if appropriate.
- If schools in Newington, Portsmouth or Hampton have a delayed opening any weekday morning class may begin 30min to 1 1/2 hours later than scheduled. (I have children to put on school buses.)
- During school vacations I make the best guess I can based on the outside weather and the forecast for later in the day.
Other reasons I may reschedule a class:
- If I am ill I will reschedule the class. I don’t want to make anyone else ill. I also ask that if you are ill call or email me to reschedule as I don’t want to get ill nor would anyone else in the class.
- One of my kids are ill. I’m a parent, I have 4 children. Sometimes they get sick and I need to be home with them.
- Some other calamity comes up. This sounds vague, but sometimes life happens. I lost a ring of keys in Dover once. I showed up at the studio we were using and we were locked out. I couldn’t reach anyone to let us in, and all my equipment was locked inside. Last minute calamities I’ll try to email/text the class with as much notice as I am able.