This course is for participants who would like to become American Heart Association Heartsaver Instructors. This course has 2 parts; Part 1 is online and Part 2 is a 6-hour classroom course. You must complete Part 1 online prior to the classroom session.
Before taking this course you are required to:
- Align with an AHA Training Center that is accepting new Instructors.
- Have a completed Instructor Application on file with their accepting Training Center.
- Must have a current provider course completion card in the discipline they wish to teach.
Course charge includes the Part 2 classroom session and post-course monitoring. Course participants must purchase, complete, and bring the following to the Part 2 classroom course:
- Heartsaver Instructor Essentials online course. This is Part 1 of the course. Course can be found at https://elearning.heart.org/courses. $34.00
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Instructor Manual. Item # 15-1023. $54.00 This can be purchased from any authorized AHA distributor in paper or as an ebook.
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED DVD Set. Item # 15-1019. $165.00 This can be purchased from any authorized AHA distributor. Watch the DVD's prior to the Part 2 classroom session.
Additional information will be emailed to course participants in advance of the classroom session.